Saturday, March 14, 2009

Got a Stick of Gum?

You are handed a stick of gum by a stranger and simply told 'chew.' While you are unwrapping the gum you normally think of it as either a kind gesture or you are wondering if you should change your toothpaste. Not in this case. I am motioned over to follow and see the following display.
I didn't hesitate to reach into my mouth to pull out the wad of ABC gum. You think about the places that people stick gum...having had gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe, or perhaps even had gum stuck to me that had been placed under a desk.
Here, to see these wads of gum...such a simple thing turned into this colorful criss-crossing of human bacteria, made me want to laugh. It's just gum, but they turned it into something more.
And everyone had fun with it.

No comments: