Friday, March 27, 2009

A Fire Eater and a Butcher Shop...Am I missing something?

My odd moment of the day...

In my neighborhood, there are the usual businesses. You have a grocery story, the hair dressers, and restaurants...a few local bakeries and a butcher shop. Asia is known for their neon displays...overloading you visually, so it sometimes takes a little fire to grab your attention.

As I was on my way to another appointment, I saw this site that stopped me dead in my tracks. The loud throbbing house music didn't grab my attention...your senses get a little dulled to the noise.
However, I have to say...seeing a man, dressed as a woman chasing around people with flaming batons and doing fire eating demonstrations, just goes to show you one way to get someone to notice that your business is NOW OPEN.
The truth is, this shop has been open. It wasn't a new business, perhaps under new ownership and they were looking for that gimmick that said..."HELLO! WE ARE HERE AND WE WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET YOU TO NOTICE US!" I thought it was a little extreme, and then I stopped and realized it worked. I will never forget them. Though fire-eating has little to do with a butcher shop...sometimes the fire eaters are required to get the job done when it comes to marketing.

4 comments:

esther said...

nice pictures !

Marilyn said...

Thanks Esther!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

I can't believe your neighborhood!:)

Marilyn said...

It indeed is anything...but boring here...