Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Of Intimate Matters....

There is one thing that struck me as kind of old fashioned. That was the unmentionables of female intimate wear in South Korea. The above picture was taken earlier this year...as I was looking through store after store...seeking something 'sensual'. I snapped this picture as a reminder of how things were when I arrived in January of this year. I thought I would never see such modest displays. It kind of shocked me after all, in the West there is nothing is left to the imagination of men...but then...perhaps it has changed.

After all, I am in the most conservative city in all of South Korea...

Perhaps...not so conservative at all...or perhaps things need be cooler in the heat of summer days...
As I was out with one of my young Korean friends, Luna, I witnessed shock in her young face as we passed this window display. Shock is something the West is immune to. I think I should have taken a picture of her look...because if trend keeps up...then innocence is gone. It was like I had witnessed the loss of one of the last baby teeth of our global society.

Yet in the background...the panties hang...I wonder for how much longer they will remain.

No comments: