Monday, June 8, 2009

I just wanna bang on the drum all day...

There is just something about the way Koreans can surprise you, especially when it comes to drawing attention to their business. These two entertainers were out getting attention for one of MANY cell phone store that line the streets of Daegu. It's kind of like going to an intersection where you would see a Starbucks on every corner. Well in the major cities of South Korea...you can see whole streets filled with cell phone shops...same brands...competing against each other with their neon and blasting music.
The normal quiet Korean culture seems to cover their ears if a sound is too loud. I had to laugh because when these fellows were performing I watched people cross over to the other side of the street to avoid them...so they got louder and calling over to the other side of the street. This caused a sense of embarrassment for the unwilling patrons, as they averted their eyes and just kept on walking.

Me, and my not so shy ways walked across the street and interrupted their session by playing one of my favorite roles, "Tourist" and they smiled and posed for pictures. I think for a moment I provided a little relief in the neighborhood.

No comments: