In the few short months that I have been here in South Korea, chronicling my views, the culture, the people and activities I have been involved with I have been honored by your comments, your readership, and now the blogger awards from those that have the power to praise...which is everyone. This is a note to say thank you to a woman who is simply known as "Anita", a writer from Los Angeles CA who found my blog and nominated me for this award. Her blog is as much of a quest, as mine is...with a feel as if she had this desire to go back in time to throttle some sense into a younger version of herself.
I can empathize with that sentiment.
Now on to the award.
There are rules with this award...to reveal 7 things you love and to nominate 7 other blogs that you feel that embody a creative or unique spirit...something about it that you gravitate towards.
Let me get the seven loves confessed...
1) A deep rolling fog
2) A cafe
3) The complete works by Rimbaud
4) A pen that never runs out of ink
5) Red Wine with a full body
6) A cool breeze on a hot day
The list I have complied are of blogs that I feel a connection to. I don't always comment on blogs, and often it is because I just don't want to add to what they have written. It is their voice. Some commenters have disagreed with me, citing blogs can open up discussion...however in my view...discussion is only warranted if it is producing something positive...and not hi-jacking a member's page. I have seen the wasted energy into prolonged arguments that don't prove anything...and turn into huge ego contests.
Sorry, I have better things to do. Agree or disagree...it doesn't matter...what matters are things that grow...discussion is different from opinions. As I have a tendency to go on, and potentially beat a dead horse, I try to apply the words of Lao-tzu, "Those who do not know, speak...those who do know remain silent."
I appreciate the comments, the feedback, but as the person who nominated me for this award said, "I am a silent fan." I attract what I am...a silent fan of a number of blogs I review because I feed off of other creative creatures...and appreciate what they are doing in this world that all seems to scream, "look at me." These talents create. They create because they love what they do. There are many out there that are taking incredible leaps of faith like I have done...not for money, but because they can no longer ignore who they are.
The award recipients are advised, there are legacy 'rules' that if you choose to accept the award.
1) You post the award on your blog with a link back to the person that nominated you.
2) List seven things you love.
3) Pass it on! You present this award to seven blogs you feel that nourish your creative spirit.
1) Marco Kaufman's Blog, The big book of grievances, is simply brilliant. From a writing standpoint he will simply put himself out there and just free writes...going through the actual journey of what it is to create literary scenes, dialogue...of a work in progress...potentially to create or discard. What every writer goes through when they are in a stage of putting it all together. I simply appreciate what he does...by airing out his journey with us...being willing to be naked, without pretense.
2) As far as interior design blogs go...Digsdigs is at the top of the game. Incredible images, tight writing, and a person I want to have to design my personal space if I ever decide to pick a place to call home. I have rarely seen such an eye that can focus on the smallest of detail and just exude glamour, comfort and style in one image.
3) Barbara's Meanderings is a writer from the East Coast who shares her seemingly ordinary life...that of mother, writer, and retired school teacher who just keeps going. She shares her ordinary moments with her own brand of poetic license. She is a warm person full of life and loves to shine the light on others.
4) Maha Al-Yousif is the Baharaini Diva. Yes, another interior designer that I adore for her added sense of purpose in everything she does. She has a heart of gold and it shows in every post. Simply put, when you go to her blog...you go to a happy place.
5) Life Works Living is a blog I have given a careful read. This woman asked the same question I did, and jumped. This brave soul jumped over to Mexico as an ex-pat...where I am on the other side of the globe. However, she has had to endure some soul searching, not to mention being at ground zero of the swine flu pandemic scare. She doesn't post as often as I would like to see her post, but again...I am the reader.
6) Lotus Reads is simply one of the best blogs for international literature bar none! Written by Angelique Manchanda-Peres based out of Ontario, Canada. She offers intelligent, heart felt reviews of works of literature from the broad perspective of the human experience. She has made me discover new writers that have a genuine voice. She is why blogging exists. Our mutual use of the word Lotus in the titles of our blogs only reflects a natural law...like attracts like.
7) Last, and most certainly not least on my list...Marie Isabelle Reed's Vintage Postcard Blog which appeals to two great loves in my life that are not on my list...France and history. Marie is the eternal scavenger hunter...with over 150,000 post cards in her existing inventory. Successfully, she tells you a story with the image...and though you know it feeds into her business...it isn't a sales pitch (or is it?) ...because she simply loves what she does. You can regularly see her posts rank in the top 10 of Facebook blogs...oh...it is simple. You simply feel she LOVES what she is doing.
There are many, many blogs that I treasure...but this award served as a reminder to thank all of the writers out there who take the time to create, to share, and possibly just to bring a smile to your face because you can relate to what they are sharing.