Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Somebody's got to be surrounded by all these men...might as well be me...

A little of night life, once in a while, is good for circulation. It was one of those nights where the moon was full, the weather was right, and I had made a promise to see a friend downtown. Still, for some reason the night felt young and while I was standing there I saw a group of soldier boys heading my way. I have to say their radar was up, looking for something to do on a Saturday night and someone pointed me out, remembering meeting me (I can't say I remembered him). I smiled and greeted them. There is a place that is a legend, Julliard, that is spoken about in military circles. When you go to Daegu, you are obliged to order what is known as the 'flaming Dr. Pepper' . Instead of going home, I was dragged along...not that I was protesting, I mean being the only woman surrounded by a bunch of muscle bound men, is not exactly something to complain about.
I won't tell you what all of the secret ingredients were, but here we were at the bar getting them to show us what the fuss was all about. Two guys ordered...and we watched the show.
I think I was the brave one of the bunch, because I sat at the bar, shooting pictures of the bartender taking on Tom Cruise's role in Cocktail. Except this bartender liked to play with fire.
He filled his mouth up with Bacardi 151 and blew out the candles....and set the bar aflame. He looked tired. I can't imagine how many times he had served the drink, but this was one of the first times I felt like I just witnessed bartender burn out. I was thankful that his expertise did not fail him. I smiled thanked the guys for a good show. It was time for this gal to click her heels and say, 'there is no place like home'.

No comments: